Kristmas Town Kiwanis Club
The Bluegrass From the Forest festival is produced by the Kristmas Town Kiwanis Club. With the help of many volunteers like Shelton contractor and musician, Greg Linder and many others who give of their time, this event is a labor of love for the community. When you meet our volunteers at the festival, we hope you’ll give them a pat on the back and let them know their efforts are appreciated.
Bluegrass From the Forest is one of the biggest fundraising efforts of the year. Money earned helps to fund the following projects:
• Callanan Park Renovation- To date to include-Restroom construction, security lighting, dugout benches, metal roofs for dugouts, storage shed, scoreboard repair, handicap accessible drinking fountain and Children’s Big Toy apparatus.
• Scholarships for Graduating Seniors
• Sponsored youth-Circle K
• 40 et 8 Food Baskets
• Toys for Kids
• Little League Baseball
• Youth Soccer
In addition to this festival, here are more of the Kristmas Town Kiwanis projects we work on.:
• First Friday and Tree lighting-Presented the first Friday in December-Lighting the huge fir tree in downtown Shelton. Bonfires and Marshmallow roasting, caroling, rides on the Kristmas Town Kiwanis train for the kids, rides on the Kristmas Town Kiwanis Christmas float for families, free cider, coffee, cookies and candy. Presented in conjunction with the Downtown Merchants First Friday celebration.
• Annual Christmas Parade-At dusk the First Saturday in December. Over 50 seasonally decorated entries.
• Annual “Duck Race”-1st week in June
• Aluminum Can Drive-three times a year
• Highway Pickup-quarterly
• Annual “Food for Tots” Food Drive-December
• Oysterfest-Rides and free games with prizes for children at Oysterfest
• Reservoir Maintenance and cleanup-As needed
• Mason County Literacy-Spellabration